Current Career Opportunities
- Sr. Occupational Therapist - Pediatric Specialty
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapist/Groups Coordinator
- Occupational Therapist
- Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Speech Pathologist - Feeding Specialist
Do you want to work with children, adolescents, and adults in the premier center specializing in sensory health?
The STAR Institute, located in Centennial, CO, is looking for talented pediatric providers to join our multi-disciplinary team. We specialize in working with children, adolescents, and adults with differences in sensory integration and processing. Our practice model utilizes an interdisciplinary client-led and family-centered approach. The STAR Frame of Reference requires training in SI + DIR/Floortime. The client population served includes neurodivergent groups, autism, ADHD, disordered sensory processing (SPD), anxiety, learning differences, auditory processing disorders, motor coordination difficulties, and other developmental, learning, mental health and behavioral differences.
Duties for all positions include participating in Multi-Disciplinary Evaluations, providing individual and group therapy services using the STAR PROCESS treatment method, documenting progress in treatment notes, parent education and coaching, completing direct physician and teacher communication, and other duties as appropriate. Must love to learn and want to be on the cutting edge of research and practice in sensory integration and processing. Extensive mentorship and supervision are provided.
The STAR Institute team practices a rich, multidisciplinary clinical approach with over sight from Virginia Spielmann, Dr. Sarah A. Schoen, and Mim Ochsenbein. We are renowned for our sensory integration treatment and our treatment model is founded on the cornerstones of sensory processing, regulation, and relationships.
We are deeply committed to research and advanced education. Our state-of-the-art facility provides access to the latest research in Sensory Integration and Processing which our therapists utilize to develop the most effective and innovative clinical intervention anywhere.
STAR Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Inquiries without the required competencies and trainings unfortunately will not be considered.
Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at times, for prolonged periods:
- Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
- Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
- Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position
Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift
- Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s)and arm(s) in any direction away from the body
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces