Our "hybrid" version of the Level 1 Mentorship program provides the foundational course information through STAR's Online Learning platform. Participants may then opt to attend a 2-day In-Person or Live-streamed Course within 2 years to receive a Certificate of Completion and full AOTA CEUs.
Online Course Content:
11 hours of recorded course content will be made available online through STAR's Online Learning platform and is a required prerequisite for attending the 2-Day In-Person or Live-streamed portion of the program. This includes:
- Background information on sensory processing from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller
Frame of Reference:
- Even when the primary focus of intervention is sensory, the STAR Frame of Reference advocates for a continuous assessment of regulation, and relationships, in the context of mutable environments, social-emotional development, and attention
Subtypes of SPD:
- A complete introduction and overview of each of the Subtypes of SPD
- Sensory Modulation Disorder
- Sensory Discrimination Disorder
- Overview of standardized assessments: Understanding standards scoring systems and "growth scales" based on Rasch measurement
- Use of Goal Attainment Scaling and other standardized outcome measures that participants can use in their settings to evaluate treatment effectiveness
- An overview of SPD research from STAR Institute and the SPD Scientific Work Group
Online Content Portion ONLY ($519)
Participants seeking to receive a Certificate of Completion and credential certificate documenting completion of this specialized training in SPD must attend a 2-Day In Person or Live-streamed course within 2 years of online content completion.