To express interest or for more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-221-7827.
- $1350 for 2 weeks (10 sessions); 2 weeks minimum for participation
- $750 for each additional week (5 sessions)
- $6500 for all summer (50 sessions) when pre-paid
- Deposit to secure spot: $50/week
*Funding assistance available through Developmental Pathways and Rocky Mountain Human Services*
A Therapeutic Classroom Focused on Building School Confidence and Success! This program gives kids the opportunity to continue to build social foundations and classroom etiquette in a small, safe group environment for ages 3-6.
The program includes two 30 minute parent meetings (at the beginning and end of the program) with individualized goals and an individualized letter of recommendations to educators for supporting school success in their upcoming or current classroom.
STAR Institute's school readiness program is designed to enhance your child's skills and build on their strengths to prepare them for a school environment. Our goal is to provide a supportive, therapeutic environment that closely mimics the classroom setting that allows your child to build confidence, self-esteem, self-awareness, and maintain the regulation they need in a school setting.
Through play, semi-structured activity, and built-in routines, your child will have opportunities to engage in activities that develop social skills, listening skills, respect, teamwork, communication sharing thoughts and ideas, following directions, completion of tasks, and the ultimate understanding of feeling great, being a part of a group and learning what it is like to be in a multi-sensory classroom environment.
Targeted skills addressed in school readiness include participation in circle time; toilet training and hand hygiene; self-regulation during transitions including separating from parents; participation in snack time; fine, gross, and visual-motor skills; communication basic needs and self-advocacy skills. Our occupational therapists have extensive training in sensory integration approach and the DIR/Floortime methodology, both of which focus on the child's capacity to regulate and communicate. In addition to the goals above, our ultimate goal of the school readiness program is to be joyful because learning, playing, and growing is FUN!
This program helps:
- Increase participation in school-related large group activities (circle time, snack time)
- Increase independence in school-related hygiene (toileting and hand washing)
- Increase skill development for fine, gross, and visual-motor skills
- Increase consistent communication of basic needs and wants
- Increase efficiency and timeliness of transitions