Our foundational School-based information is now available online through STAR's Online Learning platform. Participants may then also opt to attend a 2-day In-Person or Live-streamed Course within 1 year to receive a Certificate of Completion and full AOTA CEUs.
Online Course Content (13 hours/1.3 AOTA CEUs):
13 hours of pre-recorded course content will be made available online through STAR Institute's Online Learning platform and is a required prerequisite for attending either the livev-streamed portion of the program. This includes:
- Introduction: Background information on sensory processing from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller
- Frame of Reference: Even when the primary focus of intervention is sensory, the STAR Frame of Reference advocates for a continuous assessment of regulation, and relationships, in the context of mutable environments, social-emotional development, and attention.
- PROCESS for schools: Introduction to the STAR Treatment Model: The integration of basic principles of sensory integration intervention based on Ayres' original theory and advanced treatment using our clinical reasoning methodology.
- Research: An overview of SPD research from STAR Institute and the SPD Scientific Work Group as well as applicable research to school setting.
- Subtypes of SPD: A complete introduction and overview of each of the Subtypes of SPD
- Sensory Modulation Disorder
- Sensory Discrimination Disorder
- Regulation: Foundational to development, regulation will be defined and explored.
- Relationship: What therapist will do to facilitate, cultivate, strengthen strong, healthy therapist/child, child/teacher, therapist/teacher relationships to support desired outcomes.
Online Content Portion ONLY ($250)
Participants seeking to receive a Certificate of Completion and credential certificate documenting completion of this specialized training in SPD must attend a 2-Day In Person or Live-streamed course within 1 year of online content completion.