Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Reference OT in the subject line.
Reports To: Clinical Director/Executive Director
Location: 6911 S Yosemite St, Centennial, CO 80112
Salary/Range (Commensurate with experience): $65,000 - $72,000
The STAR Institute for Sensory Processing is a pioneering treatment, research and education center supporting sensory health through the lifespan. The STAR treatment center is neurodiversity-affirming, trauma informed and sensory informed. STAR provides intensive, short-term, sensory- based therapies (occupational, speech-language, and feeding) for individuals with differences in sensory integration and processing. A critical foundation of the STAR treatment approach is fostering positive emotional and social growth and experiences through application of the DIR/Floortime® approach. Central to the STAR process, “family support services” are incorporated into programs to help parents and families deal with issues related to neurodivergent lived experience.
STAR Institute for Sensory Processing is looking for a Staff Occupational Therapist that will administer standard evaluations, conduct play-based therapy, and perform administrative duties relevant to documentation and communication to the team and clients.
- Must be eligible for OT registration in the state of Colorado
- At least 2-years of pediatric experience, SI certification and/or DIR certification
- Comfortability working in a neurodivergent setting
- Training in SCERTS, iLS, NDT, also a plus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
All candidates must have the ability to complete the following activities safely, and at times, for prolonged periods:
- Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time.
- Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
- Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position. Required to lift up to 50 lbs. of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs. with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift.
- Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips, and knees, sometimes for prolonged lengths of time.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away from the body.
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling