Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Reference Sr. OT in the subject line.
The STAR Institute, located in Centennial, CO, seeks a Senior Occupational Therapist to join our multi-disciplinary team. We specialize in children, adolescents, and adults with Sensory Processing Disorder and practice using a transdisciplinary clinical approach. The STAR Frame of Reference requires training in SI + DIR/Floortime. Clients include those with Sensory Processing Disorder, ASD, ADHD, learning differences, auditory processing disorders, motor coordination difficulties, and other developmental, learning, and behavioral difficulties.
Our Sr. OT will work closely with the Executive Director and COO to ensure therapy team services are effective and well-coordinated, oversee caseloads within the team, and insure current evidence-based practice and outcome measures are embedded in practice of all clinicians. The Sr. OT will work closely with the mental health team to support families in crisis and with high support needs.
Applicants must have at least five years of pediatric experience, SI certification and / OR DIR certification; must have advanced specialist clinical expertise in assessment, treatment and documentation of sensory-based practices for all age ranges. Must be comfortable working in a neurodivergent affirming setting. Training in SCERTS, iLS, NDT, Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics, also a plus. Experience with team building skills and collaborative style are crucial to success. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be eligible for OT registration in the state of Colorado.
Must be eligible for OT registration in the state of Colorado.
Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at times, for prolonged periods:
- Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
- Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
- Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position
Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift
- Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s)and arm(s) in any direction away from the body
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces