Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference Speech Pathologist in the subject line.
Become part of the extraordinary team at STAR Institute (SensoryHealth.org). Our Speech Pathologist Feeding Specialist will provide Feeding Therapy with a holistic and trans-disciplinary approach to improve clients’ developmental and functional feeding skills. While most clients are pediatric, the Specialist may also treat younger children, teens and even adults. The position includes providing direct therapy with clients, supporting and educating the client’s family, working with the medical team (may include assisting in management of Gastrostomy or Nasogastric tube feedings), writing clinical and progress notes; and evaluating clients’ progress. The SLP Feeding Specialist plays a central role in feeding assessments. Feeding Specialist will work with clients who may have the following diagnoses: Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, motor coordination difficulties, Autism Spectrum Disorders, multiple medical complications, genetic syndromes, and other developmental, learning and behavioral difficulties.
- Qualified applicants will have a Master’s Degree from a program that has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Speech Language Pathologists (CCC) or the American Speech-Hearing-Language Association.
- Eligibility for or current licensure by the applicable state agency
- 2+ year(s) experience treating children with feeding difficulties
- Basic SOS Approach to Feeding workshop completion
- 3 years of experience, previous clinical experience and work with children preferred
Additional trainings in SOS Approach to Feeding, as well as training and experience in DIR/Floortime are highly preferred but not required.