In-Person Level 1 Mentorship Program Dates:
2024 Course Dates TBA
If you are interested in being placed on our waitlist please email us at email@example.com.
STAR Proficiency Certification
Completion of a Level 1 Mentorship Program allows participants the option to obtain STAR Proficiency Certification Level 1.
Working in a small-group setting (typically 10-14 people), participants of STAR Institute's Level 1 Intensive Mentorship program learn to apply clinical reasoning through live-streamed treatment observation and analysis with experienced STAR Institute faculty, certified instructors, and therapists
- Differential diagnosis of SPD subtypes
- Advanced clinical reasoning for standardized testing, clinical observations and interviewing
- Clinical reasoning tools for treatment planning
- Application and components of the STAR PROCESS Model of Intervention
- A SECRET problem-solving method for clinicians, parents and teachers
- Learning in a small group setting, mentored by experienced STAR Institute Faculty members
- Observation of live therapy sessions conducted by STAR Institute therapists
- Networking with other experienced clinicians
- Resource materials for use in your own practice
- First step in STAR Proficiency Certification process
The cost for Level 1 Mentorship (five-day program) is $1,699, including a $299 deposit upon application.
View a list of local hotels & suites where we have arranged special pricing for STAR Institute guests.
Complete your application online, attach a copy of your current curriculum vitae or resume, and submit the $299 deposit. We will notify you by email within 5 business days regarding your acceptance into the program. Participant selection will be based on priority of applications received and previous work/educational experience. If you are not selected to participate in the mentorship program at this time, your initial $299 deposit will be refunded to you in full. Once accepted into the mentorship program, the $299 deposit becomes non-refundable.
Who Should Attend
The Level 1 Mentorship program is designed for Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech Language Pathologists, and Physical Therapists to enhance diagnostic and clinical reasoning skills. Applicants must currently work with children with disordered Sensory Processing and a minimum of 2 years' pediatric experience is preferred.
STAR Institute Credentials
STAR Institute awards competency credentials to participants who demonstrate proficiency at each individual course level. Participants receive credential certificates documenting completion of the specialized training in SPD.
All participants receive an Advanced Mentored Clinician Level 1 credential upon completion. Individuals interested in achieving the STAR ProCert 1 credential are required to take STAR Proficiency Level I course within 3 years of completing the Level 1 Mentorship program.